STEAK WITH PARMESAN BUTTER, BALSAMIC GLAZE, AND ARUGULA Print
- Active Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 1/2 tbsps grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 tbsps butter, room temperature
- 1 twelve-ounce rib-eye steak
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon (packed) dark brown sugar
- 4 cups (lightly packed) arugula
- 2 large lemon wedges
- salt and pepper
Mix 2 tablespoons grated cheese and butter in small bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper; set aside.
Sprinkle steak generously with salt and pepper. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak; cook to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to plate.
Add vinegar, shallots, and sugar to skillet; boil until reduced to glaze, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
Divide arugula and 1/2 tablespoon grated Parmesan between 2 plates. Squeeze lemon over.
Slice steak and place atop arugula. Top steak with Parmesan butter, and drizzle lightly with glaze.
By Romantic Reminders